Has anybody had experience performing an acid-wash on rocks that sit at the edge of a pool? I have a large one that is inset into the pool, and I think an acid-wash to remove the layer of calcium would really bring out a good color. Is it O.K. to let runoff from an acid-washed rock run into the pool? Will it raise my CH level?
The rock is the one on the right in this picture. It is a nice black color (visible where it got chipped during installation), but looks white because of all the buildup (presumably calcium) on it.
I'm thinking of doing it myself, and welcome any advice.