Getting ready to sign on the dotted line.

jgdds

Jul 7, 2010
Spring, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I'll start by introducing myself. My name is Josh and I live just north of Houston. We have received bids from 5 different builders and have spoken to several folks who have used each builder. We think we have chosen the bid/builder to go with, and wanted to make sure we are not missing anything before we take the plunge! This site has already been such a huge help and I can't thank everyone enough for providing me with an education on the ins and outs of pool construction, maintenance, etc.

So, here are the details of our bid...

???WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PRICE 9.29.12
???DESCRIPTION: Swim Ready Pool, Spa with sun shelf and 2 jump rocks
The swimming pool is approx. 770 sq. ft., 127 LF perimeter (measured behind spa), depth
3’ 6” – 5’ – 4’. Attached to the pool is an 83 sq. ft., 36 LF spa raised 12” above the pool with with a 4’ – 5’ tiered flagstone spillway to pool with center column. Premium flagstone exterior on the exposed, elevated sides of spa, pool & spa coping. Sun shelf with 2 bubblers. Two jump rocks. Equipment to include Pentair 3 HP, 4 speed pump (VS3050) for pool and spa, MasterTemp 400,000 BTU NG heater, and Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 520 cartridge filter. Computerized automation with the Pentair EasyTouch PS8 and wireless remote control. Two Pentair Intellibrite Color Changing lights in pool and one 100w in spa. Sanitation is Pentair Intellichlor salt system. Pebble Tec product White Mini Pebble plaster. Approx. 650 sq. ft. of new concrete decking with special spray deck coating process. Matching spray deck on 700 sq. ft. of existing decking. All stone sealed.
GENERAL CONSTRUCTION SUMMARY
?
?
? Two Anti-Vortex Main Drains in Pool and two in the Spa
? Two Skimmers
? 6 return lines in the pool
? Two Pentair Intellibrite Color Changing 5G LED lights in pool
? One Pentair Amerlite 100w light in spa
? Pool Stake Out - Per the Approved and Accepted Plans (Homeowner’s Must Approve the Stake Out, Size, Shape, And Design Prior To Excavation). Height up finished pool to be same as patio. Stake out occurs the same day as excavation
? Excavation of Pool Site - Soil from the excavated site will be removed
? Stump Removal: 5 tree stumps in way of excavation will be removed
? Steel Reinforcement of shell with 8” o.c. rebar, 6” o.c. in corners and stress areas per APSP standards
? Pneumatically Applied Gunite- 4000+ P.S.I. to a density of 6” on the walls and floor, 12” beam, all exceeding the N.S.P.I. Minimum Code Requirements
? Spa: approx. 11’ x 7’ spa raised 12” above the pool with tiered flagstone spillway to the pool with a flat center jump column. Six therapeutic jets
? Plumbing - All Engineered Schedule #40 P.V.C. with 3” suction line plumbing for VS3050 pump, 2” plumbing and 1-1/2” returns and bubbler lines to maximize pump efficiency
? Sun Shelf: approx. 90 sq. ft. shelf in approx. 9” of water with 2 bubblers
? Bench: Two benches
? Jump Rocks: two jump rocks installed into notched pool beam
? Plaster: Pebble Tec White Mini-Pebble, 10 yrs warranty
? Coping: premium flagstone (“Cheyenne Blend” from Alamo Stone) with colored mortar
? Tile: One row of waterline tile in pool (6”)
? Drainage: Overflow line from pool tied to 4” hard pipe deck drains tied into existing drains
? Decking: 650 sq. ft. of new concrete decking
? Spray Deck coating: Applied with an epoxy underlayment to adhere to 650 sq. ft. new concrete with texture spray that is later knocked down to a smooth surface. Color selection from Sherwin
?
?
Williams. Polyurethane sealant is applied to all for durability. 700 sq. ft. of existing deck will receive matching spray deck coating. Total coating to equal 1,350 sq. ft.
? Deco Seal: elastomeric joint sealer installed between coping and deck provides watertight seal
? Stone Sealant: Premium Guard sealant stone sealant (designed for salt water pools) to be applied to flagstone and jump rocks
? Umbrella/Volleyball holders: 4 placed at owner’s discretion
? Automatic Fill Line
? Construction cleans: two job site clean ups – one after gunite and a final clean
?
?OPERATING EQUIPMENT – 3 Yrs Warranty on Pentair
? PUMP: Pentair VS-3050, 3 HP 4 x 160 highly energy efficient, 4 variable speed pump – ECO friendly pump allows programming for four different speeds for pool and spa (pool returns cannot operate at same time as spa). By dialing in the minimum speed required for a task, the pump works less and uses less energy. Typically slashes electricity costs up to 70%. Offers ultra-quiet operation ... just 7 – 10 decibels or half a human whisper. 3” suction line plumbing installed to maximize pump’s energy efficiency. Proprietary GFCI installed for pump.
? CONTROLLER: Pentair EasyTouch PS8 control center: mounted outside by equipment is this computerized operating center. Built-in diagnostics include automatic verification of the display, microprocessor, switches, indicators, relay outputs, valve outputs, sensor inputs, and communication ports as well as a diagnostic screen that reports failures for troubleshooting and repair purposes. Supports up to 8 functions (plus solar function can be used as a 9th function when there is no solar).
? WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL: operates within 300’ feet, including inside the home, to control
all pool, spa & light functions
? FILTRATION: Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 520 Cartridge Filter - Clean & Clear® Plus Filters
have a corrosion resistant injection molded filter tank featuring superior strength and reliability. The cartridge assembly uses four easy to clean, non-woven, polyester cartridges. Each filter is supplied with a bulkhead union set for easy installation. Water flows very efficiently through Clean & Clear® Plus Filters allowing the use of smaller pumps or lower pump speeds to minimize energy use. And when consumers rinse cartridges rather than backwash, they can significantly reduce water use.
? SANITATION: Pentair Intellichlor IC 40 – natural chlorine produced through salt cell. Uses common table salt to produce chlorine for sanitation. No more odor, stinging eyes, irritated skin and bleached out swimming suits. Read out system provides all production data for monitoring.
? AUTOMATIC WATER FILLER – Pentair Auto Filler (3 year warranty) or Paramount Water Filler (1 yr. warranty)
? HEATER: Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 BTU, Natural Gas heater: as easy to operate as your home heating system. Compact design and quiet operation. Offers best in class energy efficiency and certified for low NOx emissions.
* SPA JET BLOWER: ASF 1.5 HP “Silencer” blower to power spa jets
? CLEANER: Pentair Legend Platinum – Four wheel design, front wheel drive cleaner designed for superior stability to prevent tipping. Most powerful automatic cleaner. Dual thrust jets, heavily treaded tires. 60% larger debris bag. Cleans most pools in just 1-3 hours. To be powered by VS3050 pump.
Price: $49,250.00
(Sprinkler, sod repair, tree removal and any required underground utility reroutes not included in this price)
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Some Options Available
One Pentair Intellibrite Color Changing Spa Light in lieu of one 100w $330.00
Pebble Sheen “White Diamonds” as seen on Pebble Tec web site in lieu of Pebble Tec “White Mini Pebble” $1725.00
Pentair Booster Pump dedicated to cleaner operation $550.00

We are definitely adding the LED light in the spa, upgrading to the Pebble Sheen, but have a question about the booster pump. I have been told by a few builders that the VS3hp pump will run the cleaner no problem, but two have recommended a booster pump just for the cleaner. What are your thoughts on the need for a booster pump?

I am looking forward to the thoughts, opinions, musings, etc.!

Thanks!

Josh
???????????

PB says they will provide the Pentair robotic cleaner in lieu of the Legend Platinum and booster pump if we want it. Have you tried these? How well do they work? Any issues?

I think the consensus in the pool cleaner forum is they are generally liked.
It's a different animal because you have to put it in the pool and take it out after it's completed it's cleaning.

A pressure/suction type cleaner must be hard to store because everyone I know that has one, just leaves it in the pool continiously. Even while we swim :(

I hate those things getting wrapped around me while I'm in the pool. It's a pet peeve of mine.

I bought a robot. I can't tell you how well it works yet because my pool isn't finished. I'm also the type that gets up early with my coffee and sit on the patio.
Throwing in the robot, checking chemistry, making adjustments and perhaps a dip in the pool is my form of relaxation.

My Polaris lives in storage. I think people just keep them hooked up to have the simplicity of flipping a switch vs. pulling it out and hooking it up.

- Sent using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.