Silly question, but I need your input!

Sep 20, 2012
Please help! Our pool had to undergo some unforseen remodeling at the beginning of summer. We have just completed the renovatins and are currently filling the pool with water. This is my question: since we are going to, basically, fill the pool and then cover it, do I still add chemicals just as though I was getting it ready to swim in?

23,000 Gallons
Kidney Shape Pool
SWG

ms lovin my pool:

Although our swimming season ranges from 7-8 months, I keep my pool operational year-round (meaning I never "close" it). From that perspective, I still keep the pH and TA within recommended ranges all winter. Usually, this does not require much effort during the off-season but I do keep an eye on it. Of course, I also add chlorine (liquid bleach) as well during the off-season to keep the FC level at the low end of the recommended range for my CYA level. Since the chlorine demand drops during the winter, I'm not adding much during this time either. Since your pool will be covered, your water will likely remain relatively stable once you've added chlorine and adjusted your pH & TA to within recommended levels before putting the cover on and calling it a season.

Bottom-line is that water balance is just as important to the overall health of the pool as maintaining FC is to proper sanitation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.