OK I have been trying the BBB method for the past month and I cant seem to get my PH balanced or my chlorine to stay. It looks like my CYA may be the culprit and I have started a water change and am changing my sand out and going with zeo brite.
FAC- trace amounts
Already have the water drained down and the sand changed. I am now cleaning the old silcone caulk from around my inlets and skimmer and recaulking with silicone. When I started scraping the old shrunken caulk away from around the inlets I found green algae. same for the skimmer basket, so I took a spray bottle of straight 6% bleach and sprayed till it ran clear.
My pool is a modified grecian style fiberglass and the caulking was original and 6 yrs old si I guess this maintenance task was due.