trouble with my automatic pool sweep

Aug 27, 2012
I recently bought a used pool with all the trinkets that came with it including an automatic pool sweep...

My pool sweep is a DIRT DEMON not a DIRT DEVIL... The previous owner said that I needed some contraptions to hook on the hose, he had evedently lost them, but looked in his cleaner box and there was one spare in a closed bag... I only have 1 on a total of 3 or 4 I think...

Here are the problems that I have... The pool sweep ALWAYS does the same pattern over and over, leaving dirt in some spots...

I think it might be due to the fact that I don't have the "hose weights" because the previous owner lost them, I have one thow, I installed it smack in the center of the hose lenth EX: I have 8 x 3 foot tubes so I clipped the fitting on the junction of tube 4 and 5...

OR

I noticed that I have 2 movable floaters on the machine it's self could my floaters be in the wrong position... I can't find or have the owners manual so it's trial and error...

what could be the problem... I leave my cleaner on for 12 to 24 hours and still no success in a clean bottom...

by the way I always remove the lader even if my cleaner has the contraption for the pool lader I don't want to take the chance...

Here is the link to my machine...

http://www.familyleisure.com/Discoun...c-Pool-Cleaner

You actually see the yellow fitting on the white hose that I am missing, I think they are hose weights because when I threw the ONLY ONE I have in the pool it sank

My Polaris manual says to adjust the floaters so that the hose stays on the surface, not dipping low in any place. I also pushed them back from the cleaner itself as my Polaris stays too high too often. The shallow end is maybe 4 feet and I have the first float at maybe 5 feet from the end, maybe 6 feet.

Sorry I cannot help on your particular cleaner type.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.