Winter cover color

Oddly enough, I just today received a quote from a local pool company for a Loop-Loc cover for our pool...so this is fresh in my mind.

We were quoted a $250 upcharge if we wanted blue, black, gray, or tan....the standard color is green.

Even though they're more costly, I'm going to go with a solid Ultra-Loc cover & pump, as I really don't want any rainwater getting in the pool over the winter. (LOL...this could be read by some as "I don't want to think about the pool over the winter!"). From what I've read here, a solid cover can make the pool opening in the spring easier (depending on how early the pool is opened).

Color really doesn't matter. Typically the greens, blues and tans are more color fast than the grays or blacks.

The real issue is your climate. And there are many pro's and con's. I prefer the dense mesh covers, as I don't like to rely on cover pumps. That said, if you open too late (or close too early) the mesh covers can lead to more algae problems in the spring. But really, nothing that a heavy duty chlorine treatment and an extra vacuuming or two won't solve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.