nalley

Aug 24, 2021
Carmel Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We just got a 500 gallon Royal spa sultan. We just started doing troublefreepool with out inground pool and LOVE it!!!
What do you guys recommend as far as treating hot tub water? I used to use bromine tablets and then granular shock every week and add spa perfect. Is it better to use liquid cholrine only like the pool?
below is what I currently used on out old tub.

Attachments

• 1DC94A94-0B10-48CA-8A1D-751EE05B43D2.jpeg
    1DC94A94-0B10-48CA-8A1D-751EE05B43D2.jpeg
    496.8 KB · Views: 5
Go SWG and never look back.. As you now know all pools and spa's are salt water after adding chlorine and MA for PH and TA... So add a little more salt and drop a SWG in it, keep CYA at about 20 to 30 and keep FC about 5.. Drop an OZ or 2 of liquid chlorine in after a soak and call it a day... :)

Reactions: dan1333
Go SWG and never look back.. As you now know all pools and spa's are salt water after adding chlorine and MA for PH and TA... So add a little more salt and drop a SWG in it, keep CYA at about 20 to 30 and keep FC about 5.. Drop an OZ or 2 of liquid chlorine in after a soak and call it a day... :)

We just got a 500 gallon Royal spa sultan. We just started doing troublefreepool with out inground pool and LOVE it!!!
What do you guys recommend as far as treating hot tub water? I used to use bromine tablets and then granular shock every week and add spa perfect. Is it better to use liquid cholrine only like the pool?
below is what I currently used on out old tub.
Instead of SWG for your hot tub, which is a valid option, you can go the dichlor then bleach route.

After a water change, use dichlor - tabs, sticks, whatever until you get your CYA to the point where you need it, and then switch to bleach until your next water change.

I have a SWG in my pool, and I love it. It has really cut down on the effort of pool maintenance. I was going to add one to my hot tub but did not for the following reasons.

My hot tub is literally 6' from my patio doors as compared to my pool which is across the yard (and often across wet grass, meaning I can't go to the pool in socks)

I add a splash of bleach to my hot tub in the morning, takes less than a minute

I add bleach to my hot tub after we use it, but I would have to do so anyway even if I had a SWG

Even with a SWG I would still have to check and dose my tub for pH fairly frequently anyway, so it's not like I am eliminating a lot of testing. The 330 gallons in my aeriated tub has a lot more fluctuation than the 17,000 gallons in my pool.

Lastly, the drape over SWG for hot tubs does not appeal to me - I like integrated systems and I don't like extension cords.

I am considering doing something with liquid chlorine and a dosing pump. Timing it so it doses 1.0 ppm per shot, and then having it automated to add the daily amount during my hot tub's scheduled filter run, and then adding a trigger button for adding a shot manually after using the tub.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.