5 amp system fuse keeps blowing on Intellicenter control system with smoke

tabrad

Apr 7, 2024
Salt Lake City
My pool is using the Intellicenter control system, paired with a wireless antenna for wifi. My Intellicenter hasn't been connecting to the app anymore, so I unscrewed the panel with the screen on it so that I could try a different ethernet cable that is connected directly to my network instead of using the antenna. I unplugged the antenna's cat5 from the board, and then tilted the screen/board up to look at the settings screen, the 5 amp breaker popped and a small amount of smoke came from the power connector area of the board. Now everything is nonfunctional for the pool and the board (totally dead). I am thinking that I messed up by not disconnecting power to the board before unplugging the cat5 (which for all other devices I know of is not an issue, but I know very little about this board), or when I titled it up some wired touched or something unintentional happened and smoke resulted.

I suppose this will be a full board replacement too? Ill call my pool installer (2 years old pool) tomorrow on Monday. Has anyone else run into these issues or heard similar? The communication loss definitely wasn't from anything I did, nothing has been touched for a while.