SWG Bypass Pipe + Bonus

May 23, 2008
Northern California
I haven't had the best of luck when it comes to the longevity of my salt cells, but I noticed that Hayward sells a bypass pipe so I can remove the cell in the winter. When I received the pipe, I was surprised to see that the unions on both ends were included. Now with a small investment in some PVC fittings, I can make two cleaning stands! Just thought I would pass this along. Here is the Amazon link which includes a picture of the pipe:

http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-GLX-CELL- ... -cell-pipe

I though most come that way, unless older styles don't?.

I know my compupool comes in a casing that has unions pre-isntalled on it.
You just pvc cement them on to the return line, can be removed for cleaning or winter storage.

compu-pool-salt-cell.png

I was surprised to see them included because when I was shopping for a replacement cell, a lot of the ads would indicate that the unions were not included. I have been making do with a rubber plug when I clean my cell, because the stand is so expensive. Glad I didn't throw out the fittings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.