electrical issues

shoff1

Jul 25, 2012
My filter is not running - due to my electrician being unavailable. It is a newly started 33' above ground 54" Sentinelle. What emergency plan should I put in place to keep this thing from turning into green jello before I can get the pump running. Thanks for the advice in advance - this site looks awesome!

Welcome to TFP!

That depends on how long you will need to go before you have electricity and how athletic you are feeling :)

You can add chlorine by pouring 2 ppm of bleach into the pool while walking around the edge of the pool, and then brushing the entire pool to mix the chlorine into the water. This is best done in the evenings, so the chlorine can work overnight without being consumed by sunlight.

That takes some doing, so if it is going to be a while and/or you are not feeling at all athletic, you might need to consider letting things go until you have the pump working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.