Well, this is strange!

I ran my numbers at lunch today.

FC 16
CC 0
TA 50
CH 80
PH 7.2
CYA 40-50ish (clouds kept changing the sunlight)

The pool is still not clear. The shallow end looks great, but the deep end looks like Gatorade Cool Blue. No noticeable changes in the last 24 hours, even after I changed the return flow and added DE to the fliter.

Any more suggestions? Should I keep the FC up at shock level until it gets crystal clear? Should I investigate a coagulant? I have a friend that swears by it in his pool. Guess I still need to wait more, huh?

Pointyhead said:
I ran my numbers at lunch today.

FC 16
CC 0
TA 50
CH 80
PH 7.2
CYA 40-50ish (clouds kept changing the sunlight)

The pool is still not clear. The shallow end looks great, but the deep end looks like Gatorade Cool Blue. No noticeable changes in the last 24 hours, even after I changed the return flow and added DE to the fliter.

Any more suggestions? Should I keep the FC up at shock level until it gets crystal clear? Should I investigate a coagulant? I have a friend that swears by it in his pool. Guess I still need to wait more, huh?
As I recall, Gatorade is clear....

Is it cloudy or murky, or just blue?

You just started this cleanup 5 days ago, right? And probably lost a little time due to poor circulation. I'm wary of additives. They may clear things, they may just gum up your filter. I'd open another can of POP. Maybe just shut down the filter overnight and if stuff settles out, carefully vacuum it up. You might consider un-aiming that return at the bottom, before you restart the pump.

OK, I AM NOW A BELIVER IN THE BBB!

I turned off the pump this morning and thought I'd let everything settle down and vacuum it out this evening. I went home at lunch to check on it, and the water is now crystal clear! I didn't toss a coin in to check the side, could count the number of holes in the drain! My clorine was down to 7 last night, and I passed the OCLT again this morning, so I guess I can now maintain the FC at the recommended levels, and start to work on getting the TA up a bit. It's at 50 and it should be 80 to 100.

I would have taken a pic to post but I left me iphone on my desk!

Now I mission is to convince my other pool owner friends to quit using Walmart Shock, pool store testing, and start the BBB.

This may be a little late for you but Wal-Mart sells a 10 pound box of DE as a "Filter Aid".

6180196801p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.