paying it forward

Here are the ingredients:
Sodium carbonate 497-19-8 3 - 7
Sodium hydrosulfite 7775-14-6 15 - 40
Sodium metabisulfite 7681-57-4 15 - 40
Citric acid 77-92-9 1 - 5
Sodium sulfite 7757-83-7 0.5 - 1.5
Sodium bisulfite 7631-90-5 0.1 - 1

Now, it might be so very dilute that it's no big deal -- but just thought you should know.

The MSDS for Super Iron Out® lists the ingredients shown in the previous post.

The sulfites and the citric acid are reducing agents, but the chlorine oxidation of citric acid produces a lot of chloroform which is probably why they say not to use it in swimming pools. Also, some of the chemicals will release sulfur dioxide which is very smelly. High CH levels can result in calcium citrate precipitate. Using their product in small quantities on some bathroom stains is quite different than the large quantities that would be needed in pool water.

Just checking in for all those who've helped, I know I like to see the outcomes of some of these efforts here it is. The inline cartridge filter did the trick, I installed it in the return line after the sand filter, and began showing results, I just had to wash out the cartridge every afternoon, the water was finally clear the day she returned from vacation, it was a race to the finish for sure. TFP wins again, she has taken control now and is doing a great job, she wishes to compensate me, i asked for a contribution to the site, thanks every one for your advice.
On to the next swamp.

JB :monkey:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.