Jandy PLC1400 showing very high salt

AcoldStArnolds79

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 4, 2007
I've got the above listed Jandy SWG cell hooked up to my Jandy Aqualink control inside the house. This cell is about 15 months old.
Today it started reading a salt level of 12,500 ppm and giving the message check Aquapure.
I've removed and checked the cell. There is no calcium on it. The sensor is clean and all three of the silver buttons inside it are shiny with no corrosion or buildup on them.
The temperature reading for the pool is still reading out and is correct.
There's no way the salt is at that level as it was 3200 yesterday.

Does this sound like a sensor issue or a bad cell or something with the board? All have been replaced from the originals within the last two years.

High salt readings can come from several things. One of the more likely possibilities is a bent plate, or some piece of metal, inside the cell shorting two or more of the plates together. It could also be caused by a failure inside the SWG control unit, or a short in the cell cable, or in rare cases one end of the cell cable getting especially wet.

It was the sensor that reads the temp, salt level and flow. Only 16 months old but only carries a six month warranty. This is the fourth senson I've had to replace in 7 years. Next time I need a salt cell it won't be a Jandy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.