SWG at the vacation house

twpiv

Jun 3, 2008
New Jersey
You guys have made me a BBB convert for my pool at home and things are awesome.

We came to Va. Beach for vacation - they have 2 pools here that are hooked up to a SWG system. The pool is clear and beautiful. I did bring my Taylor K-2006 kit because I wasn't sure what the pool situation would be before I got here. I tested the water and the FC was 0 and pH was 8+. I figured I'd stop as ask the forum what to do.

Should I add liquid bleach or will that screw up the works? We have about 5 little kids with us, so my big concern is just keeping a sanitary pool.

Thanks!

twpiv said:
You guys have made me a BBB convert for my pool at home and things are awesome.

We came to Va. Beach for vacation - they have 2 pools here that are hooked up to a SWG system. The pool is clear and beautiful. I did bring my Taylor K-2006 kit because I wasn't sure what the pool situation would be before I got here. I tested the water and the FC was 0 and pH was 8+. I figured I'd stop as ask the forum what to do.

Should I add liquid bleach or will that screw up the works? We have about 5 little kids with us, so my big concern is just keeping a sanitary pool.

Thanks!
Call the property manager and tell him pH is out of whack and there's no chlorine reading and you expect action, now. No action, sic the health department on 'em.

Or.... adjust pH then add bleach yourself.

Or both. Fix the water so your kids can swim :snorkle: , then drop a dime as you leave.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.