Don't have soil, just sand?

ashlee

Jul 12, 2012
We bought a used 27' Aqualeader pool. Looking to install it ourselves to save some cash. Everywhere I have looked says you need to sand as a base over your soil. My problem here seems to be that I have no soil, its all just sand and rocks. Most of our yard was also fill from the hill across the road that they knocked down to make a more level yard. We can barely get grass to grow because there is nothing but sand. I guess I am concerned about the sand washing out and the pool going out of level. What would be the best way to prepare the sight, especially since we want to do a 6 foot expandable liner? Are there any precautions we should take?

"sand" is a loose term for pool bottoms, it actually shouldn't be 100% sand since that can shift with your feet.

If you have a landscape store locally (bulk soil, cedar chips, etc) stop by and see if they have any pool bottom grade "sand". I forget the mix of mine but i know it has some clay to it, probably loam/clay or something, it's certainly not sand and it can be compacted with a tamper - which is critical.

Aqualeader has nice pools!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.