Should The Water Stop Flowing After Backflushing?

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
When I got home today water was running out of the top of the skimmer after some heavy rains today. I backflushed for several minutes to get the water out of the pool. When I turned the pump off after backflushing and rinsing I noticed the water was still flowing out of the waste line and it appeared to be coming from the pool - I could see it moving in the skimmer. I've never paid much attention when backflushing before this. Is this normal? The water did not stop flowing until I moved the handle on the filter valve back to the normal filter setting.

My spider gear on mine is getting where it want shut off.So when I switch my selector I alway's pull up on valve selector&that way it will stop the water flowing out.But,sometime's you may get some trash in there.So while you have it on filter&water coming out.Just push down on lever to flush it out.Most of the time it will stop leaking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.