aqua chem filter sand plus

I sent my wife to pick up filter sand from lowes, she came back with 4 boxes of Aqua Chems filter sand PLUS, it stated that it filters particles 10x smaller then ordinary filter sand, and that you use 1/2 of what the filter calls for(ie mine is 150lb sand, so i would use 75lb of this stuff). Im the type that if it calls for sand, you use sand, and if it says 150lb you use that much...but since she bought it, I wanted to check and see if anyone had used this stuff and what they thought about it...if its good, i'll try it, but at $22 for 25lbs, i wana know that it works really good, vs $10 for 50lbs of the regular stuff. Thanks for the help folks!

conversion is going great(atleast i think) im gona do my loss test tonight, it held good high levels last night, but i didnt keep them at close watch and fell asleep..lol. I can see the bottom agian, and steadily brushing and vaccin stuff out of the center, and my CC is still going down it was 2.5 this afternoon, from 6-8 sunday morning....i think it(the sand stuff) will be going back in the mornin

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.