Finally under construction in Midlothian, TX

Karmann - hope you are still on the forum. love the look of the rolled spa edge. Couple of questions.
1. Is the rolled edge more comfortable than traditional?
2. Have you had maintenance issues with the grouting of the small tile?
3. How is the washed aggregate decking? How is the temp? I'm in the Houston area and trying to decide between washed aggregate or salt washed.

Hi sorry for the late reply it's been a while since I have logged in.

1. yes, we love it but when the spa bubbles are on water tends to splash out more without an actual edge (we don't use the bubbles often anyway cause it is to loud haha)

2. no issues with maintenance so far, grout still looks awesome but I do seal my stone and tile 2x a year

3. the aggregate decking gets pretty hot and it's pretty rough, doesn't bother me much as a adult but it's hard on little kids feet when they have been swimming for a while. A lot of our friends just make their kids wear swim shoes and that seems to solve the problem for them.

Hey Karman! I was just wondering if you have been using your spa much in this cold weather.. We haven't been in ours in a long time. If you have, how long does it take to get it heated up.. say from 40 degrees to 95 or so?

Can't wait for the winter to be over...!

Our heat pump takes about 4 hrs to heat up the spa when water temps are in the 50s so we have to plan ahead hahaha

My wife doesn't like being out in the cold much at all so unless the kids are using the spa it doesn't get used after October, I can't wait for summer to get here I'm ready to swim like a fish

Karmann,

:wave:How is everything going?

I've had a few issues, but seem to be working through them. Check valve, heater not coming on, believe it or not - right now... FC too low, CYA too low... (working on that.) Wonder how arvven is doing..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.