Flawed

George N said:
I did read that link. However, that is *not* the procedure I followed. Crud. Sorry :hammer: In my haste to start testing, I got ahead of myself. I'll try not to do *that* again. I will begin these steps in the morning, bright and early. Thanks for the reminder.

wetchem said:
Just out of curiosity... did you try the OTO (yellow) chlorine test?
Did you try the combined chlorine test even though the DPD powder didn't turn pink?
I did not try the OTO test.
I did not try the CC test, the end result was supposed to be clear. My test sample was clear already.

As George N has already suggested, I will start at the *beginning* tomorrow.
All I can do is apologize. Thanks for being so lenient on the newbie....

*actually* - I'm fibbing. I just bought a sand filter system. I'll probably hard plumb that first. Got to head off to work now though, so you'll have to wait til tomorrow for pics. :roll:

If the sample didn't turn pink, then you have no FC. You can confirm this by doing the OTO test Total Chlorine test and that should be clear as well, unless you have a lot of CC then it still might turn yellow. If it does then do the FAS-DPD test and also do the CC step and see if you have it. Here is how it's done, your add the R-870 just like you are doing the FC test, if it does not change to pink, then put in the 5 drops of R-0003 and see if it turns pink. If it does add drops until clear and divide result by 2 and that is your CC.

<<<<<< Smartest move I ever made for my pool. TF100 a close second.... Just saying..

*still* haven't tested. or started the Beginners Guide.

*seriously* flirting with disaster here, aren't I??

But hey - this is why we do it......

Attachments

• DSC_8910 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_8910 - Copy.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 11
<<<<<< Smartest move I ever made for my pool. TF100 a close second.... Just saying..

and trust me, I am gonna be on this like Donkey Kong tonight. This pool *will not* turn to the dark side.....