Need help with a new pump selection

lungs414

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 18, 2012
Eastern Long Island,New York
Installed a hayward ecostar SP3400VSP about a month ago, it blew this week, totally fried, I dont know why. The fantastic folks at poolsupplyworld graciously will take it back since it is impossible to service locally. I get it, I didn't buy it locally so they are to busy to help me. Wanted me to wait a week for an appt. just to see it. I offered to bring it in they said no. Immediately trips breaker and sounds like an explosion when it gets switched on.
Now the part I need help on. I want the am getting a Pentair VS pump. What model is best for me? The 011018is what is what I am leaning toward. Does this seem right? Equipment is listed below. I have two skimmers, two returns, a dedicated return for polaris 360, and a return that goes to the steps for bubbles. All lines are 1 1/2".

Thanks for all your help
Rich

The regular Variable Speed 011018 version is just fine. There is no reason to get the SRVS version unless you have a non-compliant drain that requires SRVS and the variable flow feature on the high end version is hardly essential.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.