Cloudy water in SWG pool

Other question. I've read Intex SWG manual and here are the numbers that they give me:
Copper Ions Ideal - 0.1 - 0.2 ppm
FC ideal - 0.4 - 1.5 ppm
CC ideal - 0 ppm
pH ideal - 7.4 -7.6
TA ideal - 100-140 ppm
CH ideal - 200-400 ppm
CYA ideal - 30-50 ppm

This numbers are much different then the ones from pool school:
FC 3-5 ppm
PH 7.5-7.8
TA 60-80
CH 50-300 for vinyl
CYA 70-80
Salt 200-400 ppm ABOVE recommended optimum level
Borates 30-50 ppm (optional)

So which numbers I should stick with?

All right guys. I just came back from work and realize that my water is krystal clear :).
Here are the newest test results:
FC - 6 ppm
CC - 0.5 ppm
TA - 350
CH - 230 (about I'm not really sure if the solution was still little pink or blue already)
CYA - 80 ppm
Cl - between 5-10
pH - 7.2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does anyone from you have a picture of skimmer sock installation? I would like to know if you guys stretch the sock on the skimmer? Do you stretch it on outside or inside the skimmer? Or you doing it the same way I do. I put some stabilizer in the sock then tie at the top and put it loose in the skimmer.
Also I'm on the way to finish my aerator. Will put it some pictures later.

Skimmer socks go inside the basket.

If you are adding CYA via sock method, put the sock inside the skimmer basket and make sure not to block the water flow. Or, you can hang the sock w/CYA in front of a return.

FC, CC and PH should be enough for now. I only check the other stuff early in the season and a couple months into it depending on how much water turnover we have. If lots of rain I usually have to add salt and CYA but it takes awhile to drop. I check FC and PH almost daily, PH mainly because it's in the same test set as FC. As long as my FC has not dipped below the minimum for CYA level at any given time then I'm good to go. I do run the FC on the higher side of the test to make sure there's no issues. Light or no yellow on the test set gets me nervous.

Guys I would like to thank you for all the help. Hopefully now I will be able to maintain my pool chemical on daily basis. Also the TF-100 kit comes very helpful with the adjustments.
Thank You all so much

Guys I have same problem as before. "low salt" level alarm. My salt reading is 3680 and I have no idea if it's because of that. What I need to adjust so the plates want get covered in the white crispy salt.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.