TF100 Arrived!!!! help! 7/2 CLOUDY AGAIN :(

Jill said:
Noooooo, the heater was in the OFF position during the entire shocking process......................
hey... even if this is a sorce, and I don't know this - others will have a better idea than I, you know what to do!
You know that this will work - that light at the end of the tunnel is :sunny:
At this point... hang in there - You know that we "have your back!" (well figuratively)!
-wc

No I didn't bring it down yet. the test shows the color orange between 7.2 and 7.5. How would I treat this? Should I just shock? Should my heater be on or off? I have been running my filter 24/7. Just backwashed, it was brown water coming out at first . Hadn't backwashed since the day BEFORE perfectly clear water......
ETA: And I am filling with the hose WELL WATER again today, did so yesterday too. 6 kids doing cannon balls all day yesterday if this matters

AND I just got out from scrubbing the pool and noticed that on the back ladder there is a white crusty powder build up on it. It comes off in little chunks when I scrape it. What is that?

It could be calcium scale build up. If you ph got high in the past it would could have caused the problem.

Is your ph down to 7.2 now?

I know Duraleigh suggested waiting to lower TA, but you may want to start now. If your cloudiness and crusty powder you found is due to calcium, lowering TA and keeping ph down around 7.2 will help.

Here is the method to do it: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/lowering total alkalinity

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So Confused.... what to do now.....

I have a another thread on here about my cloudy water problem. I'm starting a new one in hopes of getting more opinions. It was algae I am assuming. I shocked at 20ppm for about a week. Finally we passed all three shock tests. 2 days of perfectly clear pool. FC went down to 5.5 one day then bam, clouds up instantly. I have been shocking at 20ppm and running filter constantly. We had a major storm all day yesterday, pool does not look better and still losing 4 ppm overnight. There is a white powder crust on my ladder.
Ph was between 7.2-7.5 in my test kit before I started shocking
TA 220
FC:16.5 (now because I just tested and haven't brought to shock level)
CYA:45 testing indoors, and 50 outdoors with my back to the sun
Now there is the beige looking crud on the bottom that disperses when touched. Should I mustard algae shock it? Should I let FC come down and lower PH and TA? i am stumped. Husband is worried about bleaching our vinyl liner at FC=30ppm..............I am so done I could scream! It is 100 degrees here today on the 4th of July and we can't even swim. FUN!

Re: So Confused.... what to do now.....

If I were you..........I'd vacuum and take the afternoon off and enjoy the pool! You can swim up to shock level. At dusk, I'd resume shocking and raise your shock level a bit--2 or 3 points over what the chart says....won't hurt a thing. Do you have any test results for CC?

Re: So Confused.... what to do now.....

I second the vacuum idea! I noticed in your signature that you have no bottom drain. This means debris will have a much harder time making it to your filter (through skimmer only). Spending some time with a vac should speed up the process for you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.