install hose bib in pool plumbinb

Spiccolli

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2012
Gold Canyon, AZ
I got my slide installed an we currently hook it up to the garden hose from the house. I'd like to install a hose bib in my pool plumbing so we can keep house pressure for the misting system and also so that we are using pool water on the slide.

I'm thinking that it should go in-line with the return, before going into the ground, but want to make sure that this does not mess up the hydrological dynamic of the plumbing. Any adverse effects?

I think I would have to cut a few inches out of the return line, use 4 elbows, some pipe pieces, and some kind of part that has a bib on it already. Does this sound right?

Is there an easier way?

Any place on the return can be fine. Many pool builders put one between the pump and filter (for draining, or something) ... but then the water is not filtered as you may like for the slide.

All you need is to be able to get a T somewhere in the pipe. Then there is a "cap/plug" that fits into the fitting with a threaded hole to screw in a bib. If you have enough movement on the pipes, you may be able to just put the T in-line ... that would have virtually no affect on the flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.