Install Day 1... to be continued...

Hope you enjoyed the vaca! Hubby is off the whole week, though it seems we never get as much done as we like.

Ladder is OK... I got some more of the 16" ones and built another 'pad' like we have for the equipment though I took time to level things unlike the installers :) The 400lbs of sand is leveling them out the equip pad OK though.

I bumped the chlorine to 10ppm and when I tested post party it was at 8ppm with no CC. I haven't been out yet today, shh, I know it's sunny already but I'm still in my PJs :) My only concern is that I did have kids complaining of eyes burning... which isn't much fun. Not sure if that was the chlorine or a result of the pH being dropped to about 7.4.

<edit> test results: FC=7 CC=0 TA=425 pH=7.5

The TA is at about 450 now.... down from 550 :) I will continue to add acid to drop the pH and use my fountain to aerate it! I'll attach a couple pictures for ya. I believe I was grateful for the extra 3 feet yesterday when we piled all the people in! It never did seem crowded though I'm fighting a nasty swimmers ear today :-( Boo!

Since it's too hot to landscape we're going to Home Depot to buy a timer... he is going to get a hard wired indoor timer and hook it up in the house. I suggested using the timer only to run the pump on low and was given a big NO. He's an EE and says that's a recipe for a fire... I don't like fire, so we'll do it his way :) I'll let you know how that goes. We opted for the indoor one because it's a little less expensive and easier to wire up.

Attachments

• 20120703_191102.jpg
    20120703_191102.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20120704_161415.jpg
    20120704_161415.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 46
Looks good!

I'm assuming by the time my TA gets low I will need to add more water anyway. Great time to need your TA lowered :)

You know what would be nice after a 5 day weekend, more time off!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.