Leveling is the worst ... I don't think it will ever work

Re: Leveling is the worst ... I don't think it will ever wor

It is huge! It's still filling and I had the hose on all night and it's only to the first step of the ladder.

Guess no swimming today. :(

Have a great 4th!

Re: Leveling is the worst ... I don't think it will ever wor

I feel you on this. I am in the process of doing it by hand myself. I'm a single mother and I have NO help. I've watched tons of YouTube videos and of course read these threads, other than that I'm winging it and Praying to God it turns out like it's suppose to.

Wow this is an old thread but timely. I was going to dig mine myself but ran out of time with a borrowed tractor. Instead I posted on a local Facebook classified site looking for recommendations for an excavating company. A few days and a few calls later (called 5 different people) and I have a quote for $200 levelled to within "a couple thousandths of an inch". Not only that but he'll haul my sand at no additional cost.

Totally beats busting my hump to do it by hand.

It's kinda weird I guess, but I'm having a great time doing the site leveling. Of course I own a tractor with loader, have plenty of experience with it, and plenty of time to spend enjoying doing it. I am looking at things as a journey instead of a destination. The first pool we put up, it was five inches out of level the first time, so we had to drain it down, drag it off and level again. And of course the temp that week was in the 90's. This time I have a better attitude.

I am still doing the leveling by myself. With the board & level it says its level all the way around with a few bumps & ruts but hoping the sand fixes those. I would post a picture but don't know how. Those pictures also didn't show up for me. I was debating on doing the pavers under the legs but have decided to go ahead & do it because I don't want the legs to sink. It's going to cost 560$ to fill it so I can not take any chances with them sinking. I still have to go pick up the pavers from Lowe's one day this week. Then the fun begins with digging those in & making them level, by hand...again. I hope & Pray it turns out ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.