Why does my water look DULL??

Hello everyone....sorry to take so long to report again!!!

My water is looking awesome!!!! Thanks so much for all the help with this....

Heres test results from tonight:
FC: 5
Ph: 7.6
TA: 140
Cya: 55 (now that my R-0013 reagent came in today... :party: )
Ch: haven't tried it again, but will tomorrow.

A couple more questions....(for now anyway... :mrgreen: )....

1) With my FC staying between 5-6 is that too high of a constant range?? Do I need to lower my SWG running time?? (which is now 6 hours)

2) Also, the recommended levels for TFP and my Intex SWG manual differ quite a bit....now I've trusted this information far more than my manual, but thought keeping my FC levels up (according to Intex) might damage my SWG system.....any thoughts on this???

Thank you for helping me get my water looking clear again.....(this fact might be my answer I'm looking for...but just incase)

With a CYA of 55 you'll want it higher. http://www.poolcalculator.com/ will give you recommended levels with a CYA of 55 the range recommended is 3-9. So no it's not too high. Give it a couple of days to run and see if it's still climbing. If it is then you will want to decrease the SWCG output. Congrats.
You may need to get your TA down if you're having PH rise quickly.

Thank you....yes, I've been working on my TA but wasn't able to last night....but it started out at 230 so it's already looking better.
I really think I want to raise my CYA just slightly so I will add more stabilizer tonight. Will continue to get the TA down this afternoon as well.
Thanks again to everone who has offered advice!!!! This TFP is the bomb!@!@!@

Well I've gotten my water clear :party: but it now causes the our skin to feel dry and itchy. :grrrr: ....what causes this??

Test results from tonight:
FC: 4.5
CC: 0
Ph: 7.8 then 7.2 (after added dry acid working on TA)
TA: 140 (will check again shortly)....now 110 with aeration
Cya: 50
CH: will hopefully check this tomorrow
will check CC again in the morning

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.