Skimmer basket dislodges when pump turned back on

skurys

Apr 25, 2012
Anyone have any ideas about this? Whenever I turn the pump off and back on, I think the pressure change when it turns off makes the basket pump out of place in the skimmer.

I have been considering getting a timer to turn the pool filter on and off at regular intervals but it kinda negates that if I have to put the basket back in place each time.

Hayward-Sand-Filter-top.gif

This is my filter, can't seem to find one on it.

Does your skimmer basket have two flats opposite each other? By that I mean if you look down at the basket, the top rim is circular except for two flat areas. Something like this but with another straight line at the top.(_) On mine those flats fit between two tabs in the skimmer. Once seated a slight turn of the basket will lock it in when the circular portion of the basket rim slides under those tabs in the skimmer.

No, mine, if looking from the top, is round with a flat spot that aligns with the skimmer, so it only seats property in one orientation, but this strangely only would prevent it from spinning in a circle, and does nothing to keep it from bobbing up and down. Ah well, I'll try with a small rock :)

skurys said:
No, mine, if looking from the top, is round with a flat spot that aligns with the skimmer, so it only seats property in one orientation, but this strangely only would prevent it from spinning in a circle, and does nothing to keep it from bobbing up and down. Ah well, I'll try with a small rock :)
A BIG rock - bigger than your skimmer pipe, so there's absolutely no way it can ever accidently get caught in the plumbing

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.