Hayward prologic remote display

Stefan

Jun 1, 2012
I live in Sweden and I've imported a hayward system from the states. Here poolsystems are really pricy (3x) compared to US.

I imported:
PL-P-4, ;aom 4.30, display 3.12
AQL2-WW-PS-4, r04.00
AQL-CHEM, r1.26
T-CELL-3

I wanted a simple pool life where sence was included. I now have the system up and running with a 220->110 converter and all works great. Except the remote display. It shows all information, pressing keys lights the display up and it beeps, but no command seems to "take". Ive tried to rewire the system with a new 4 lead cable but still the same problem.
Emailing hayward gave me just a dump answer to return it, and thats a real hassle. So does anyone have a clue on whats wrong? The p4 states another remote display as compatible, but the display says it should be compatible.

So as I can see it either:
  • Display is incompatible, replacement get another type
    Display damaged
    p4 board is damaged
    Some setting?

A workaround could be to move the main display, does anyone have experience on this? I'm a bit lost on this, since shipping it back and forth is costly and shipping complete unit back and forth will be at least 800$, any tips/help would be great!

I have the same issue. The remote aql2-ww-ps-4 is incompatible. You need to change the board to a PS4 board … You have just the P4. The remote you need is here in this link: https://www.hayward-pool.com/shop/en/pools/p-4-white-wired-wall-mount-aql-ww-p-4

The pool company is coming over today to change my board over to a PS4. I guess they don't want me to return the control pad. If it's a simple fix or change I will come back here and post again.

I have the same issue. The remote aql2-ww-ps-4 is incompatible. You need to change the board to a PS4 board … You have just the P4. The remote you need is here in this link: https://www.hayward-pool.com/shop/en/pools/p-4-white-wired-wall-mount-aql-ww-p-4

The pool company is coming over today to change my board over to a PS4. I guess they don't want me to return the control pad. If it's a simple fix or change I will come back here and post again.

Carreiro, this is a really old thread, and the original poster may not even see it. But others who use this system may. Since you're not asking a question but are simply adding to the content, I was inclined to allow this post to an old thread and am curious to see if your follow-up proves valuable to others. Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum. :wave:

Just to continue following up. As it turns out there the remote,aql2-ww-ps, is not compatible but aql-ww-p-4 may not be either since it is a really old unit. What we did was order a replacement display, glx-pl-loc-p-4, and wired it up the same way as we would the other remotes and it worked on the first try. The only thing is that mine did not come with a terminal block since it is meant to just plug into the P4 itself. What I did for that was keep the block off of the remote that didn't work and everything fit nicely. If you need a terminal block you can pick one up from an electronics hobby shop or simply solder and tape the connections. Also, don't use telephone wire as instructed in the manual. Use regular thermostat wire since telephone wire is so thin a gauge. Hope this helps someone out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.