How to remove pollen from bottom of pool?

Aug 19, 2010
Northeast Ohio
I am having problems removing pollen from the bottom of my new pool. I am using the PoolCleaner 4x to vacuum out the pollen, but the pollen passes through the cartridge filter and through the returns back into the pool. I have cleaned the cartridge filters a couple of times and cartridge unit, but still no luck.

My kids held skimmer sock in front of the returns to capture the pollen, but it only captured some of it.

I have not tested the water yet, but it looks crystal clear.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Pollen passing through the filter is usually due to a tear in the cartridge fabric, but can occasionally be caused by the cartridge not seating properly into the filter housing. In the unlikely event that you have a multi-position main valve (not common with cartridge filters) the problem could also be in the main valve.

It isn't always easy to spot torn filter fabric. It can be buried in one of the pleats where it isn't obvious expect to close examination.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.