Question on sequestered metals

kizerman

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 19, 2011
Charlotte, NC
My third attempt at the AA treatment has again removed my iron stain and Jacks Pink Stuff has kept the stain away for 2 weeks so far. I'm doing weekly treatments with the Jacks Pink to keep the metals sequestered.

So I've been told that as long as my fill water is metal free and the iron is sequestered in the water that evaporation and splash out will slowly over time lower the iron content in the water and eventually I will no longer need to treat the water with a sequestering agent. True or false?

JasonLion said:
True, but it might be a long time. I would expect your metal level to go down by perhaps 30% a year, more if you have a lot of rain and channel it into the pool.

Ok, thanks. It seemed to be make enough sense. I guess I could do some partial drain and fills here and there to expedite the process over the course of the season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.