LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2012
North of Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Anybody have any tips on attempting to keep those slimy little buggers away from the pool decking/pool water and in the DIRT/grass where they belong (other then on a hook)? I've heard broadcast some lime in the grass around the whole perimeter of the pool in the grass about 10' out or so ?

We had 10 inches of rain last Friday night, while we were out of town, and when we came home on Sunday I had several thousand dead earth worms in the pool. It smelled like a swamp! I really wish I would have taken pictures, but I was too ****** off at the shape of my pool to take any. This was my first near disaster with our pool. Luckily with my TFP knowledge I knew how to react and fix the issue. In less then 24 hours I had a clean clear pool. BTW - I am not joking when I say we had thousand dead worms in our pool. It was beyond gross! If anyone knows how to keep them away please speak up!

I have not done this yet, but I am thinking of adding at least a six inch patch of rocks for drainage and a two brick high wall after the rock next to the grass to act as a small barrier. This will also help block lawn mower clippings from entering the pool.

Thanks!
David
Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk

bibeaud said:
I have not done this yet, but I am thinking of adding at least a six inch patch of rocks for drainage and a two brick high wall after the rock next to the grass to act as a small barrier. This will also help block lawn mower clippings from entering the pool.

Yeah I think that will be my plan as well for the little crawlers, will definitely help with the grass as well...I'll have to put it on the wish list for now though, maybe I'll pick up a bag of lime and test out that theory first.....

How about creating a 5ft perimeter "kill zone" around the pool? Both of these control pests above and below. No need to biologically kill your whole lawn.
071121539403lg.jpg
or
071549016739xl.jpg

Yeah... why do the worms come to my pool to die?
For years I have held the winter cover on with aqua-blocks and in the spring I have 5Gallons of worms in the pool. So last year I went back to water bags, end to end right along the coping and this spring another 5 gal of worms. Had a combined chlorine of 6.8 ... had to put 19g of 12% bleach to clear it up.
Someone has to know how to keep the worms out!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.