Hard plumbing Questions...

Tymart

May 12, 2012
I'm in the process of installing a 30' round above ground pool. with a wide mouth skimmer and a 1hp pump. I want to do 2" pvc from the skimmer to the pump. the last pool i did i just used 1.5" and i always felt the 2" pipe on the suction side.

My question is the pump apears to have threads for 1.5" but the out side of the pump inlet is also threaded can i use the outside threads to keep the flow restriction to a minimum? or do i just use reducers i dont like this as it seems to defeat the idea of two inch pvc

Pictures of the threads im talking about. let me know what you guys think.

IMAG0215.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

ok ill see if i can find the fittings for the outside and if not just 1.5x2.5 adapter. rough measurement looks like 2.5" for the outside threads. has any one used these before and might know what size they are?

Ill look into the union now that you said that its probably a 1.5" union that fits those threads. Ive done three pools now and ive never heard of this pump / filter manufactor. Its a hydropro 1hp pump and a 24" sand filter gotta pick up 300lbs of fimter sand this week.

The plan is :
2" skimer to pump
2" pump to filter
1.5" filter to return.

Im considering doing 2" to the return with a fitting i could add a fountain to incase the water gets to hot. But im not sure if 2" to the return is really needed. All the run should be very short.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.