Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New funky algae?

1. Back To Top    #1

New funky algae?

My pool is filthy still, and I am in the process of attacking it, but I have noticed somwething funky. Some sort of Algae(?) that almost looks like shredded Toilet paper.....floating around here and there. Could it be algae? Hopefully it will filter out. ( please tell me bleach will kill it and it will filter out)

Readings today
    PH-7.4
    CYA-50
    FC- 15
    TA-100( whatever that means)
    Hurricane Rita did not kill me, but she killed my pool!

Intex 36'X18'x52" "elliptical pool"/ Hayward 220 filter/1HP pump 14,364 gal, or so

2. Back To Top    #2

This sounds like it could be white tissue mold, but usually that's only seen in Baqua pools after some years of use. In any event, shocking with chlorine should kill it, but you've got to get your pool cleaned out so that the chlorine doesn't get used up oxidizing a bunch of leaves, sludge, etc.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3
    i did get it cleaned, no more Tp looking stuff. It is almost crystal clear now,...thanks!
    Hurricane Rita did not kill me, but she killed my pool!

Intex 36'X18'x52" "elliptical pool"/ Hayward 220 filter/1HP pump 14,364 gal, or so