Big time newbie here and im IN OVER MY HEAD

May 12, 2012
I would like to start by saying thank you in advance and sorry for my ignorance to pools

well here we go i bought this house and it has about a 30,000 gallon inground pool one main drain one skimmer 3 jets one jet on the side of the pool same side as the filter and the other 2 on the other side

well one i did not winterize my pool what a mess i got all that cleaned up and all water is crystal clear but not theres alittle bit of dirt sitting on the bottom no big deal right ill vacuum it

boy was i wrong i took all the proper steps and hooked my vacuum up to the skimmer i was told to set the filter to waste so i did i start to vacuum and its going ok and then i look at the one jet thats on the same side as the filter and the dirt im picking up from the deep end is shoothing out that jet into the other end of the pool and its not just alittle dirt it was flowing pretty good

ill tell you what pools are great but Edit: Butterfly i cant win with this sucker please help again sorry for my ignorance,my spelling and my run on sentance

Bobby

Welcome to TFP.

I assume you have a sand filter.
If you put the multiport in waste mode an the returns are blowing dirt back into the pool, that means the spider gasket a leaking. It's a pretty easy fix. Take the make and model of your filter to the pool store and they'll be able to find you one.

When you get that fixed start reading pool school and learn how to take care of your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.