Aqua Solar Blowing Fuses

Steve

Jul 9, 2007
South Florida
Hi, I have a Goldline Aqua Solar controller around 7 years old that keeps blowing its 2A slo blo fuse shutting the system down. I have checked the case, board and everything looking for any shorts, burned traces, bad caps, etc and I do not see anything obvious. Anyone know what may be causing this - anything common? Or what part of the system does the fuse protect - like could it be a bad actuator or something causing it or is it something on the board itself? Would like to fix this if at all possible before having to replace. Any ideas? Thanks!

Looking at the manual it appears that the fuse is on the main power supply ... so unfortunately that does not really narrow down the problem. Hopefully someone else may have a thought.

So I think I will answer my own question after a little troubleshooting. I pulled the actuator wire off and put a new fuse. It ran fine for around an hour. I shut it down and plugged actuator back in and turned it on. Within 30 seconds the fuse glowed a nice bright orange and poof. So it looks like the problem is the actuator.

So now I move on to see if I can troubleshoot why the actuator is blowing the fuse to see if it can be fixed since it doesn't really have many hours on it. Any ideas there?

Edit: Yea, its was the actuator for sure. If I was the Coroner I would rule the actuator dead with cause of death being severe internal bleeding. When I popped the cover off the actuator I could not believe how much water was in there. Nice and nasty milky rusty water. All in all a productive day - found cause of solar control blowing fuses, installed new/replacement Autopilot and ordered some Intermatic actuators.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.