Pentair Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark

May 21, 2009
Anyone have any experience or thoughts in regards to the sand shark? In theory it looks promising but for some reason not much talk about it. It has no wheels to wear out and from looking at the parts diagram there are really not many parts which should wear. It has no wheels to wear I am either looking to purchase this or a suction side the pool cleaner any advice?

I have one and works great. I would say it cuts down on my manual vacuuming by at least 50%. Definitely recommend if you don't have an automatic vacuum.

Would the sand shark be a better gamble then getting a poolvergnuegen? will the scrubbers on bottom of sand shark wear? Too me it looks like the sand shark has very few moving parts less then the poolvergnugen what do you thing? I am upgrading from a regular kreepy krauly which keeps getting stuck on main drain or ladder getting tired of babysitting it

The scrubbers look good on mine after 1 yr of constant (>4hrs/day) use. I guess the scrubbers can wearout eventually, but mine haven't. I'm not familiar with the other product.

Does the sand shark climb walls? My Kreely Krauly Classic from childhood would climb and clean the walls. I am considering a new vacuum for my new home, but it did not look like the sand shark was capable of climbing walls or going over uneven surface changes gracefully.
Or am I wrong?

Like this (ignore leaves, very windy last night)...
EE27EA28.jpg

Does anyone know if the Sand Shark is quieter than the Kreepy Krauly? I was considering the Kreepy Krauly Classic until I watched a video of it in action, and that constant "clicking" sound it was making would probably drive me nuts! So I am probably taking that one out of the picture, and am considering maybe the Sand Shark instead. Is it fairly quiet?

No clicking sound while in the water. I was told by the pool store owner that sold mine that you shouldn't have it moving faster than about 3 ft/min to preserve pad life.

It's a bit of a balancing act getting the pump speed and port flows correct, and it doesn't really get more than half the wall before turning around. I haven't owned any other models to make a comparison.

Hi,
just wanted to add to this.. not sure if you have purchased a cleaner yet, but I went for the poolvergnuegen "pool cleaner".

so far this thing rocks. I've had it about 3 months. It's connected to my skimmer with the same plate I used for my vacuum.
The only caveat is that it uses the skimmer port so you don't get any skimming action.
my resolve? I bought a pool devil.
The combination of those two have kept my pool spotless for the most part. I swear since I put them in, I have not touched my pool except to brush the walls one time for preventive maintenance... and used the net to fish out a mouse :)

Another suggestion, use panty hose for the 'socks' of the pool devil. The ones that come with it don't last long at all.

I couldnt' be happier. all for $450 total.

hth

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.