pool pad

dbr25

Mar 23, 2012
I'm going to put an agp on a slope. I had a pad dug out last summer so all the dirt would be settled and packed by this spring, but I just realized we went about 6" too deep :shock: . I know the pool is supposed to be installed on hard ground, so I was thinking about adding back about 6" of chert, which packs very hard and quick. I'm about 1 1/2 months away from install so it will be settled by then, and I'll pack it when we level it. And since I'm going up all the way around and not just on one side, I don't see any problems with this. Any opinions?

dbr25 I don't know where you are but building a pool on any backfilled dirt is a really bad idea. Dirt will settle for years. At least in my part of the world. We recommend rock if you have to fill an area to install a pool.

db, Read through a bunch of the install threads and you'll see what other people have done. A pool full of water weighs in the hundreds of thousands of pounds (Mine weighs 108,000). You don't want that shifting.

Depending on your make and model recessing 6" below grade might not be a big deal. Just factor in a french drain to keep the rain and overflow from collecting against the pool.
Or you could put your posts on block and then fill the pool pad with sand 6". Sand, once in place doesn't need to be compacted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.