1st Full Pool Season Approaching - Need New Pump/Filter

Bama Rambler said:
Here's one way to do it.
[attachment=0:1qt6eezm]P1353ME Wiring Diagram.jpg[/attachment:1qt6eezm]
I can modify it if you'll give me how you want to operate it.

Just omit the booster and spa stuff if you're just running a 2-speed pump.
You need to use mode 2 for a 2-speed and an aux independantly, or mode 4 for a 2-speed and a cleaner.

Thank ya sir!

:)

Well the equipment is installed, but alas, the pool is not up and running yet :grrrr:

The guy wasn't able to wire the timer and pump. My father-in-law and I tried but weren't successful, so now I have to try and get someone out here to get this up and running pronto.

We have power into the timer, but not at the pump. The pool is getting greener by the day and there are what look like thousands of mosquito larvae swimming in the pool :rant:

We strictly need circuit 1 and 2 for the pump...3 will remain unused until a heater is installed at a later date.

just frustrated right now...ready for it to be open and clean

Bama Rambler said:
You have to run a jumper from the Hot (L1) side of the power to the (line) side of each relay. Did you do that?

I went and double checked after you posted and the timer wiring is how it should be as described in the schematic you provided.

I opened up the pump and it looks like the pool guy has the pump wired wrong, but i was having trouble sorting it out :(

i have an electrician coming tomorrow to hook it up for me. $150 I don't want to spend but I need to get this thing up and running...so unless we can get this sorted before then.

I cant find a wiring diagram online for the wfds-26. Its 230 volts. Tried to locate an A.O. Smith number on the pump but dont see one.

I'm having trouble finding the flow rates for the WFDS-26 on high and low speed. Now that the pool is just about where it should be, I'm trying to determine what my run time should be and to see how long a high or low speed run time should be setup?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Run it just long enough to keep the pool clean enough for you. Flow rates are generally irrelevant as far as pool cleanliness. Hopefully low speed gives you good skimming action.

Trial and error ... is how you figure it out.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.