Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deep End Above Ground Pools

1. Back To Top    #1

Deep End Above Ground Pools

Hello

I was wondering if anyone knew of an above ground pool that has an stretch-able liner so you can make a deep end. The only one I know of is the Doughboy and it is pretty pricey. Also, any suggestions on getting a Doughboy for a better price would be greatly appreciated. I haven't been able to find any online pricing for the Doughboy.
    I
    Elliott in No Alabama - Approx. 40Kgal, IG Gunite/Plaster, 520 sq ft Clean & Clean Plus Cartridge, 3 Pentair Intelliflo Var Spd Pumps (3HP max) 1 for swim jets, 1 for spa, 1 for pool), 2011 has Ozonator (45K gal), semi-attached spa with spill over and robotic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Doughboy is a great quality AGP. Our LPS carries these, and we will probably go with that, simply because (IMHO) the quality can't be beat for the price. Not to mention that if we would attempt to DIY, we would have a pool in a box in the basement for several years while we debated (!) the best way to dig the yard level through our slabs of shale!

Go to www.poolforum.com and read there about AGP... 'hrsdennis' is an installer in AZ, and has loads of information on choosing and installing AGPs. Here's a link right to the AGP forum.

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Cornelius would be another brand to look at. They are the only other one I know of. I installed it last June and couldn't be happier with it.
    16' by 32' cornelius AG vinyl liner, 6' deep end, 14500 gal.
    Hayward 250 Lb sand filter
    Hayward 40 GPM pump
    2-2' by 20' sun grabber solar heater.
    4 gal Liquidator. BBB