Big Storm Last Night

maxepr1

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2011
DFW
We had a big storm last night, lots of lightening and heavy rain. 4.5 inches according to the rain gauge! Good thing I drained half the pool this past weekend and spent yesterday adding salt and bleach! Adjusted the water level last night in preparation for the storm but this morning I was outside in the pouring rain draining water out!! My Koi pond overflowed into the pool and the pool overflowed into the pond! So now I have a light shade of green going. Not mention the mulch everywhere! Oh well, here we go again! Bleach has been on standby for the shocking!

We had a lot of rain here in Tulsa as well! I got home from work yesterday and backwashed until the water was lower than I'd normally have it (it was almost filled to the top after yesterday's rain!). I'm sure I'll have to do the same tonite when I get home, as the rain's just not letting up much yet. I'm sure I'll have to run the robot cleaner tonite as well...there was a lot of junk on the bottom last night.

I'm hoping it's not raining when I get home so I can check the pH and chlorine....I'm sure those have been affected by all the rain!

FC was still good. pH was off the chart. Added 1/2 gallon MA, waiting a while then going to add another 1/2 gallon. I'm betting my salt is low (going to measure later) but I am out of salt anyway. I had just added 2 bags (80 lbs) and was really almost at my desired 3500... but I bet I'm not now.

Robot was so full of silt and sand that it was stuck at the deep end. I hate washing it out, but it lookslike I'll be doing it often over the next few days.

Got home last night to find water spilling over the top of the pool! Drained it for about 10 minutes to get the water down to its normal level. While cleaning, noticed a crawdad, small snake, and a couple of large spiders in the pool. Checked TC level, and it's holding steady at around 6...found pH was up again to 8.2, so added muriatic acid to bring it back down. Ran robot to clean the bottom....and ran it again this morning. More rain forecast for today and tomorrow.

Adding a gallon wasn't enough to get it off 8.2. Added another gallon yesterday and now it's raining again today. Going to have to pick up more MA on the way home.

There were ducks in my pool this morning, so it must at least look pretty good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
RobbieH said:
Adding a gallon wasn't enough to get it off 8.2. Added another gallon yesterday and now it's raining again today. Going to have to pick up more MA on the way home.

There were ducks in my pool this morning, so it must at least look pretty good.

Ducks, came the other day. There the same pair I've had nest and lay eggs the last 2 years. So if my timing is right I will be the proud father of at least 12 mallards very soon!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.