4 awg wire.

A single Intelliflo XF can run up to 10x3/8" jets. Why do you want/need two pumps for only 8 jets? Are you planning on going with 1/2" jets?

Also, with an air line that long, make sure it either goes up hill or you install a Hartford loop near the spa. That way you won't need a blower.

With 70' runs, 2.5" suction/return pipe, handful of fittings and 8x3/8" jets, operating point of the Intelliflo XF would be ~127 GPM @ 75' of head or about 16 GPM per jet which is pretty strong for 3/8" jets. Just note that this is with pump dedicated to the jets only, no filter, no heater.

I am not a big fan of having a single pump for both circulation and spa jets. The spa jets should be on a separate loop from circulation, filtering, heating function to minimize flow rates through those elements. Something like this:

1672176160662.png

If you really want only a single pump then you could do something like this but with a bypass:

1672176266948.png

Reactions: wireform
With 70' runs, 2.5" suction/return pipe, handful of fittings and 8x3/8" jets, operating point of the Intelliflo XF would be ~127 GPM @ 75'
Assuming about (7) 90s plus vertical pipe and a margin of error, the total equivalent length will be in the 100 foot range and the head loss for the suction would be about 10 feet for the pipe.

I would go with 3" pipe for flow over 90 gpm.

Last edited:
All of the numbers I posted were for the XF.

With 3" pipe, the operating point becomes ~138 GPM @ 70' of head or about 17 GPM/jet.

With 7/16" jets, the operating point would be ~163 GPM @ 58' of head or about 20 GPM/jet.

The force or strength of the 7/16" jet would be slightly larger than the 3/8" jets (120 vs 125 ft-lbs/sec^2)

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Right but that was for the configuration of splitting the jets 4 & 4 which probably would work ok for that pump. I was just suggesting going with the larger pump and running all the jets from one pump.

Reactions: JamesW
For comparison, the Intelliflo3 with 4 jets and 2.5" plumbing per loop would have the following operating points:

4x3/8" - 74 GPM @ 78' of head or 18 GPM/jet
4x7/16" - 93 GPM @ 71' of head or 23 GPM/jet

So more than enough for that configuration if you really want that many pumps.

Note too that if you go this route, the air lines MUST be separated or you will be forced to run both pumps at the same time. Venturis do not work if only some have flow rate and others are idle on the same air lines.

Reactions: JamesW
If you have two people and 7 jets, how do you decide who gets 3 jets and who gets 4 jets?

If you have 1 person or 7 people, then the ratio works out.

With 8 jets, you can have 1, 2, 4 or 8 people and everyone can get the same number of jets.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.