4 90s vs. telescoping repair

I have used these successfully on my sprinkler system. However, it is 1" & 3/4", not 1.5"/2". No experience with those. But you are only looking at 15-20 psi max pressure. How difficult is it to get to? That might determine your best direction and risk tolerance.

Not too difficult to get to, I'd just prefer to use the best repair. I guess I'm weighing head loss with the 4 90s and potential thread leak with the telescoping repair. I do have unions above ground with no issues to far though.

You could use 4 45s and it would be half the head loss but you would need the extra room.

Also, I have used straight couplers in that situation but it required digging up a bit more of the pipe so I could pull both ends upwards.

I have used 4 90's w/o any significant (basically zero, effectively) flow reduction. I have used telescoping underground before, but only on waste lines. I wouldn't trust one on a pressure line, but that's just me.

I've used, and seen used the PVC compression couplings for years now and have never had or seen a problem with them. They're designed to be used in pressurized water systems so pool equipment pressure isn't going to be a problem for them.

Be sure the outside of the pipe is free of irregularities and is good and clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.