Inground pool cleaner help

Jun 9, 2011
We have a fairy newly built pool and it is not screened with a very large Oak tree near it. We get a ton of leaves and pollen sacs this time of year and to be honest I dont think out PVC 2000 has worked right from day 1. It does not seem to pick up anything. I have tried to adjust valves, increase the speed of the variable pump to max and nothing. The sacs and leaves cover the bottom of my pool and dont seem to move. I dont have a leaf canister and the main drains dont have large openings on the cover so leaves cant fit in it. Im not realy sure what it is supposed to do. I wish now I hadn't gone with the inground cleaner but was talked in to it by our pool builder. It's the biggest waste of $4000 I have ever spent. Can I add a robotic type cleaner in addition to the inground? The only suction I have is the skimmer so im not even sure where it would go. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you mean PCC 2000? If so, have you contacted Paramount? Your system is still under warranty.

I had problems with dirt piling up in my deep end as well as the wall swing jets not coming out all the way. A Paramount rep came to my house with my pool builder and got things sorted out with the pool builder. Turned out that I needed a better 1hp pump. Went from a Jandy 1hp Flo Pro pump to a 1hp Jandy Stealth. I also have a massive oak tree over my pool and the system is able to keep the pool perfectly clean.

I've also got a PCC 2000 and it is easily able to keep out pool clean even though we have 4 huge oaks in the yard. Do you have the leaf canister option? We had an issue last year where it wasn't cleaning well and I found out that the main drain had a lot of leaves clogged in it. Hardly any debris was reaching the leaf canister. Once the drain was cleaned out, the system immediately started working great.

The other suggestion is to get a copy of the PCC20000 design plan for your pool if you don't have it. It specifies what orifice size there should be for each of the heads. My pool builder had originally just put the same size orifice in each head. I made them come back out and replace them like the plan said. That definitely helps.

Finally, get the tool that allows you to pull out the cleaner heads yourself. I will typically, pull each of the heads out one at a time and let the zone run to blow out any objects that might be in the line. I've had leaves come out and also chucks of gunite that was probably in the lines during the pool build. I'll usually do this once a year unless I see an issue with a specific head.

Hope some of these ideas help. Definitely call Paramount. They have really helped my understand how the system works.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.