Stains and black algae

Feb 22, 2012
Had trouble with pool last season, it needed to be drained and water changed. Unfortunately the water sat it the bowl for several weeks till I could get to it. Did an acid wash but the bowl is stained and need to know if there is anything else I can do. I know that it needs to be redone but it is going to have to wait another season. Anything else I can do? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1780 (800x600) (640x480).jpg
    IMG_1780 (800x600) (640x480).jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1782 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_1782 (640x480).jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 91
Put some water in the hopper and take a trichlor puck and hold on a place for a few minutes. If it lightens the stain then keeping the FC high for a while will help. If it doesn't, then take a vitamin C tablet and hold on a place and if it lightens it then it's metal staining and you can perform an ascorbic acid treatment on it.

Have you used that deck brush on it yet? Perhaps a good scrubbing with a common, mildly abrasive cleaner like Comet or Ajax will remove some of it.........you may have multiple things that have caused the stain.

After a good scrubbing, then I would suggest identifying the remaining stain as Bama outlines above.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.