Filter + Pump size and cloudy water

Sanchz, sorry I have been long in responding...
Sanchz said:
The label said 90 (grams) Cl per liter of product, so I'm not sure about it's concentration. But I've seen similar pools been given the same treatment with almost no algae in them.
I think that is close to 12% sodium hypochlorite, so if you are using pool calculator make sure to put in 12% and don't forget the volume units are in oz, so 1 liter =33.8 ounces. I would not add so much (I am refering to the six gallons which raised your FC level to 75 ppm) at one time in the future.
Sanchz said:
Unfortunately, yes; but for all the winter months (june-september) and up until a month ago I had been using liquid chlorine plus trichlor tabs (and water got replaced when vacuuming); a month ago I actually suspected that the CYA levels were too low since chlorine level fell quickly after a sunny day.
Possible, but I really hope you can find a source for the proper test kit.
Sanchz said:
Plus, I had been using these:
http://www.aquachem.com/mp/v/index.jsp? ... mt=default
Which, since I got them, read CYA levels at 50 ppm or less.
In my experience CYA has been the least accurate of all the strip tests...so as I have mentioned, they may steer you wrong.
Sanchz said:
So, do you suggest going liquid only? The only real problem is that it's a pain to handle, but I know the alternatve is just potential problems.
I would definitely recommend going liquid only (or a swcg). It gives you independant control of both your FC level and your CYA level.
Sanchz said:
For about one week of filtering, WITH DE added, the pressure isn't yet at the point where a backwash is needed.
Any chance you filter is channeled? See this link: http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-sand-is-channeled-how-to-fix-it-t7626.html

Thanks linen, I wont be home for the next week and my father will take care of the pool under my instructions, I hope it stays relatively well. I wont be able to read/reply or try anything new in the meantime.
I'll post back with any news when I'm back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.