Six months in one day!

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
The horrendous winds the last couple days did a number on my pool. I have one lemon tree in my yard, but it's looking like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree, and most of what it lost ended up in the pool. I skimmed off what was floating after the first night's winds. It seems like things have settled down, so I raced home from work and started cleaning things up while I still had a little day light. I manually dragged out what I could first.... about ten gallons worth of soggy leaves. Then I hooked up the vacuum and commenced clogging up the strainer basket. I only had to stop and empty it a few times. I'd say I got better than 98% of the stuff out of the pool. It's safe to say that backwashing is going to be needed more than annually this year.

Judging from the pressure rise on the filter, I'd say I picked up six months worth of dirt in one day.

Hey, Richard,

Y'all have had a mess out there. California has such drastic differences in climate, temps,etc. It is truly a fascinating state.

It's too bad The Big One is going to disconnect you from the mainland and the whole thing is gonna' drift out to sea........I'm not sure whether you'll be an independent nation then or it'll be the "lower 47"

BTW, please leave Yosemite and the Redwoods and Sequoias here with us......perhaps the most stunning places I've ever visited! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wind? What wind? Down here in my part of SD was anticlimactic. Not that I'm complaining and honestly I hope no one was hurt or sustained any serious damage.

I heard in SLC there were semis being overturned and anything and everything backyard related flying down the freeway including a trampoline.

How about a few 30 foot tall crepe myrtles? They are on my neighbor's side of the fence line and except for this year, their blossoms can clog up a skimmer in no time at all. They are the reason I can't use a timer with my pump. Only good thing about the drought was it kept the crepe myrtles from blooming as much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.