Saving my disaster!!! Giving the BBB a try

UPDATE
Finally got the new filter in and got to vacuum. In about fifteen minutes I had to stop to clean the cartridge. It was clogged with dirt and DE from the old filter blow back. I expect that the water should be much clearer with in the next couple of days. I'll take pics and retest the water tomorrow. :-D

Disater update:
I got the new filter in Sunday last, it was easier and went quicker than I expected. I have vacuumed and cleaned cartrige every day since. I think i got most of the DE out of the pool and the water is finally starting to clear. The water is still pretty cloudy but I think that is more due to more to remnant DE floating about. I tested the water using my basic walmart 6 way test and got the following number.

CL at least 10 ppm and holding
Br same as above
Ph 7.5, came down on its own, no MA needed
TA 210ppm
CYA at least 100ppm, but could be due to cloudy water as well

I have backed off the bleach but am keeping the level high till I get the water more clear. Is the only way to get the CYA down dilution? I also need to start working on the TA. Any suggestions?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.