Bubbles in basket when Great White vacuum is being used.

Limey

Jul 14, 2011
Central Florida
Whether I use the vac port or the skimmer port with my floor cleaner I always seem to have air being introduced into the pump basket.
I tried my best to purge the air out of the hose but still no luck. In anycase shouldnt the air eventually purge out of the hose by itself? Eitherway, it doesnt. I am thinking that one of the hoses connecting the floor cleaner is perhaps sucking in air. What options do I have in narrowing down this issue? My pool has two skimmers, one vac port and also two valves by the pump. One valve on the pump directs all pool cleaning to either the skimmers or the main drain which incidentally is blocked. Directing this valve completely to the main drain causes the pool vac to work, so I am thinking the main drain is connected to the pool vac plumming, if I block the pool vac port then the water goes down suddenly and pump looses prime, this indicates main drain is blocked I think?

The other valve is a jandy valve which controls flow to the waterfall. Not sure if it helps, but if I turn the waterfall to fully open meaning the waterfall is running at its fastest setting then the pool vac seems to still work and the air in the basket does subside a little.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.