Anti-Freeze and Spas

X-PertPool

TFP Expert
In The Industry
Jun 12, 2009
Exeter, PA
I have a Coleman 8' dual lounger. It's never been filled with water other than the factory test.
Is it safe to use anti-feeze in spas?
Ingredients: Proplyene glycol, ethyl alcohol 64-17-5 and dipotassium phosphate inhibitor.

I asked the company what should be done to winterize and they said.

Pull the drain plug port [a flexible hose that drains the tub located in the cabinet] (did that, it still left some water in the base of the tub)

pulled the drain plug on the motor in the cabinet (didn't get any water out, but there are 2 other motors no located in this area, and my wife wasn't too happy with me suggesting cutting open insulation to get at them.)

Suck all the ports in the tub with a shop vac ( i'm doing that today)

I asked about anti-freeze and at first the lady didn't understand what I was talking about and then said I couldn't use it because it was for pools.

What do you think? Is there anything in that anti-freeze that can hurt the tub?

that's the weird thing about the tub. only one of the pumps is near the access panel, I have to cut and dig out insulation to get the other pumps. Regardless nothing came out of the drain plug of the pump that I can access. I'm only planning on having the pump drained until monday when I get power hooked up and can actually run the spa. I just got nervous breaking a spa that is brand new and hasn't been used yet lol

anti freeze for autos wont hurt anything but humans and animals!!! better to use an RTV type fluid.does this spa have air controls? and the pumps should be where you can take a look from time to time, cutting insulation or not, the wet end seals sometimes leak a bit, with no warning and with tons on insulation around them, it means you may not catch the leak til its way too late to save the motor from bearing damage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.