Question for forum administrator re photo uploads

Hi all. I have been reading all of the fantastic information here for a few months, but now I have an issue I could use some help with. Trouble is, when I try to upload my photos, I get a message in return that says the file is invalid. Can anyone tell me what types of photos/files are acceptable for uploading? Hopefully I'm posting this in the right spot. If not, sorry about that.

Thanks.

Welcome to TFP!

You usually get that error when the file is way too large. There is a limit on the max upload size of 256K. Somewhat larger than that and you get an error message saying the file is too large. But way larger and there is almost always an upload error and the file is reported as invalid due to the upload error and it never gets around to mentioning the file size limit.

As htownjeeper already mentioned, hosting pictures at a service like photobucket.com is easier. They offer generous free accounts and you don't need to worry about file sizes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.